setup.ins error when installing OO in 5.0-REL

setup.ins error when installing OO in 5.0-REL

Post by Scott I. Remic » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:24:12



I just recently compiled OpenOffice 1.0.2 from ports (vs the package because I
want WITH_TTF_BYTECODE_ENABLED). The make worked fine, but when I do a make
install-user, I get the error about not being able to find setup.ins in
/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/program/. I searched for this error but all the
info I found was old, regarding manual patches (which probably don't work
anymore with current versions) and stuff about it appearing if you're using a
FreeBSD older than 4.6 and to upgrade.

Any idea why this message would be occuring with 5.0-REL?

 
 
 

setup.ins error when installing OO in 5.0-REL

Post by Micha » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:45:50


Scott I. Remick  wrote

Quote:>I just recently compiled OpenOffice 1.0.2 from ports (vs the package
>>because I want WITH_TTF_BYTECODE_ENABLED). The make worked >fine, but
>when I do a make install-user, I get the error about not >being able to
>find setup.ins in /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/program/. >I searched
>for this error but all the info I found was old, regarding >manual
>patches (which probably don't work anymore with current >versions) and
>stuff about it appearing if you're using a
>FreeBSD older than 4.6 and to upgrade.

>Any idea why this message would be occuring with 5.0-REL?

you have to edit /etc/fstab file
and add the line
procfs     /proc   procfs rw       0   0

This is actually mentioned at the end of installation.
I hope that it will help you

Michal

--
Posted via http://dbforums.com

 
 
 

setup.ins error when installing OO in 5.0-REL

Post by Scott I. Remic » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:09:26



> Scott I. Remick  wrote

>>I just recently compiled OpenOffice 1.0.2 from ports (vs the package

>>>because I want WITH_TTF_BYTECODE_ENABLED). The make worked >fine, but

>>when I do a make install-user, I get the error about not >being able to
>>find setup.ins in /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/program/. >I searched
>>for this error but all the info I found was old, regarding >manual
>>patches (which probably don't work anymore with current >versions) and
>>stuff about it appearing if you're using a
>>FreeBSD older than 4.6 and to upgrade.

>>Any idea why this message would be occuring with 5.0-REL?

> you have to edit /etc/fstab file
> and add the line
> procfs     /proc   procfs rw       0   0

> This is actually mentioned at the end of installation.
> I hope that it will help you

I tried that, and re-ran "make install-user" and I get the same error. Do I have
to remake OO from scratch now? Mount does report "procfs on /proc (procfs,
local)" so I think I got it set up right.
 
 
 

setup.ins error when installing OO in 5.0-REL

Post by Micha » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:47:40


>Scott I. Remick wrote


 > >
  >>

  >> you have to edit /etc/fstab file
  >> and add the line
  >> procfs /proc procfs rw 0 0
  >>
  >> This is actually mentioned at the end of installation.
  >> I hope that it will help you

Quote:>I tried that, and re-ran "make install-user" and I get the same error.
>>Do I have
>to remake OO from scratch now? Mount does report "procfs on /proc
>>(procfs, local)" so I think I got it set up right.

Scott I think that you might be out of luck. I have seen other posts (I
belive including yours at bsdforums) complaining about the same issue.

What WITH_TTF_BYTECODE_ENABLED option does? I belive that it must be
more than simply the ability to work with TTFs as these are available
right of bat under OO.org as soon as you install them.

Michal

--
Posted via http://dbforums.com

 
 
 

setup.ins error when installing OO in 5.0-REL

Post by ta.. » Wed, 29 Jan 2003 06:45:43


: What WITH_TTF_BYTECODE_ENABLED option does? I belive that it must be
: more than simply the ability to work with TTFs as these are available
: right of bat under OO.org as soon as you install them.

It enables the Apple interpreter which allows to interpret the hints
that are coded in TTF fonts. These hints are manually adjusted so that
the characters fit nicely to the pixel grid. Disabling that (for
license reasons) has devastating effects on the quality of fonts.
Antialisaing is avery poor substitute for that, sometimes worse than
nothing at all. The library then uses autohinting, but no one knows
how to autohint TTF fonts correctly.

: Michal

: --
: Posted via http://dbforums.com

--

Michel TALON

 
 
 

1. Difference between Installing from Ins Svr and Boot Svr?

What's the difference between installing from an install
server and a boot server?  I believe one can install
from the boot server, as well. If so, where does it
get its install image, from the install server?

--
    Wayne T. Watson  |                              |     /  *              
   The Software Hill |  Consulting in C, UNIX, C++  |    /              .    *
   Mountain View, CA |  Motif, X-Windows, Graphics  |   //            *
    (415) 969-4233   |    Statistics, Science,      |  o         *      .

NOTE: As of late 3/97 Comet Hale-Bopp is easily visible
      in the morning sky around 4:30am low in the NE,
      or in the evening around 7:30pm in the NW.

2. Problem UNBATCHER

3. Errors compiling Wingz 1.4 Add-ins (Linux 1.3.99, GCC 2.6)

4. Printing setup

5. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

6. exportfs hanging

7. Need HELP to Log User Log-ins form the internet

8. Help RH5.0 install won't mount CDROM drive

9. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet

10. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

11. what is a INS server?

12. dial ins

13. plug-ins netscape