Help with installing FreeBSD 3.3...

Post by Niranjan Perer » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi:

I am trying to install on Gateway Pentium-133 w/ 128 MB, a Intel Express
Card. 2 Hard disks ( Western digital ), graphic card is ATI.
No sound. ( Current OS is WinNT )

After I boot I get 13 conflicts. They are in the CD, and Communications
area. I resolve all that
and when it comes to installing ( I am trying to do a ftp install ) I only
get the choice of dialing out to install. I dont get
to see my ethernet card.

Any suggestions...

Post by Bill Mora » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Hi:

> I am trying to install on Gateway Pentium-133 w/ 128 MB, a Intel Express
> Card. 2 Hard disks ( Western digital ), graphic card is ATI.
> No sound. ( Current OS is WinNT )

> After I boot I get 13 conflicts. They are in the CD, and Communications
> area. I resolve all that
> and when it comes to installing ( I am trying to do a ftp install ) I only
> get the choice of dialing out to install. I dont get
> to see my ethernet card.

> Any suggestions...

Is the card PnP? I think you'll have to disable PnP mode in the card
before you can install over it.

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?

Post by Chris Costell » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Is the card PnP? I think you'll have to disable PnP mode in the card
> before you can install over it.

   You don't even know what kind of card it is.  Many of the
Ethernet drivers in FreeBSD support PnP cards.

1. Help on installing FreeBSD 3.3 Release !

 Hello all !

    I have a trouble after installing FreeBSD 3.3 Release.

  After I finished the installation and typed "passwd" command,
  There's a error message as follows:

     /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object: "libkadm.so.3" not found

  What's wrong with that ??

  The similar message also appears when I type "su" command.

     /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared Object: "libkrb.so.3" not found

2. Can't boot 2.0.34 with Epson Scanner

3. Linux user: FreeBSD 3.3 install probs (disk partitioning Q)

4. Linux als Router

5. Install lock up for FreeBSD 3.3

6. Apache and Netscape

7. SSH2 on FreeBSD 3.3 Install problem

8. physical adddress ranges

9. Installing freebsd 3.3

10. FreeBSD 3.3 does not install the handbook and the FAQ

11. Install Hang FreeBsd 3.3-RELEASE

12. GCC 2.8.1 compile failure on clean FreeBSD 3.3 install

13. Upgrading from FreeBSD 2.1 to FreeBSD 3.3 ?