1. RH5.2: Two NICs, one DHCP, one static IP
My machine has two NICs (3c900). The first (eth0) one is connected to a LAN
(one other machine, HP-UX) and the second (eth1) to a cable MODEM. I am using
DHCP on eth1. The problem I am having is that when the HP-UX machine is down
and I boot (Redhat 5.2 Linux 2.0.36), I get "failed" when it tries to use DHCP
for eth1. If the HP-UX machine is up, it succeeds.
After the machine has booted (and DHCP has failed), if I login as "root" and do:
1) ifdown eth0
2) ifup eth1
Then it works.
What's going on here?!?!?!
I find this very peculiar because the first time I installed Linux, I didn't
have this problem. I had a system crash and reinstalled it. This is when the
Any help is appreciated.
"What is understood need not be discussed." - Loren Adams
2. Changing system name on DU 3.2c
3. can one ip on one nic be shared over lan
5. IP aliasing? (many IP's, one NIC)
7. Combining local + internet in one hub using dynamic IP
8. Problem on Ultra Sparc 30 running Solaris 2.5
9. HELP: Two computers and one dynamic IP address.
10. keep dynamic ip same throughout one dsl connection session?
11. dynamic IP, first TCP-packet lost
12. it this possible: VPN with one gateway having dynamic IP?
13. dynamic ip, first packet gets lost if using dial-up; Please help