chio/ch device volume label support, mt/st device set compression

chio/ch device volume label support, mt/st device set compression

Post by Matt Dill » Fri, 12 Dec 1997 04:00:00

    In case anyone is interested, I've just submitted three send-pr's.

    kern/5274   diffs, fixed SCSI tape support for setting compression,
                mt comp 0/1 now works.

    bin/5276    diffs, mt command now reports compression status

    kern/5275   diffs, ch device now supports volume label extraction
                (for tape libraries with bar-code readers).  chio also
                adjusted to request and printf extended info.

    Everything is relative to 2.2.5.  The diffs are also available on my
    site at:  http://www.backplane.com/FreeBSD/

    I figure this may be of use to people who'd like to use the mt comp
    command or have tape libraries with integrated bar-code readers so I'm
    posting it.

                                                -Matt

--
    Matthew Dillon   Engineering, BEST Internet Communications, Inc.

1. tape device bulebud01 / 57 <> mt status /dev/rmt/3n /dev/rmt/0n: Device busysy?

Hello all, I have a small problem I am not sure how to fix without
rebooting. I have a StorageTek 9710 jukebox with four drives. Apparently
one of the drives (or the kernel) thinks it has a tape in it.

lebud01 / 57 <> mt status /dev/rmt/3n
/dev/rmt/0n: Device busy

Physical inspection of the drive proves that the device is empty but
that the drive access light is blinking. Looking at the 'mt' manpage
there doesn't appear to be a way to 'HUP' (as it were) a device.

So, apart from bouncing the box to reset the tape drive, is there a
command line option?

TIA,

--
Mike/TeamNOC

We defeated the enemy with teamwork, and the hammer of not bickering.
                                                        The Shoveller

2. SWAP SPACE

3. tape compression on hardware and compression via device ( /dev/rmt/1[m,c]n )

4. Need help in using the multicast networking features via TLI

5. Restoring volume Group device files w/out restoring actual volume groups

6. Sun Blade 100

7. Can't database files of Oracle 9i be set up on raw volume device?

8. soundcard not detected

9. Device support for basic device

10. need device: devices.pci.b7100010:devices.pci.b7100092

11. character device, block device , raw device?

12. add module device table support for ccw devices

13. Dummy device - SIOCSIFADDR: Operation not supported by device