Mouse not recognized with KVM switch

Post by Don » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 18:31:36

I have 2 computers connected to a Linksys 2-port KVM switch, and I'm trying
to install FreeBSD 4.2 on one of them, but I can't get the mouse to work no
matter what I have tried.  the only way that I can get it to work is to
attach it directly to the box, rather than the KVM switch.  I don't
understand why it is having this problem.  I've used the switch with Linux
and Solaris with no problems, but FBSD just doesn't like it.  Any ideas or
workarounds?

1. Mklinux doesn't recognize keyboard with KVM switch

Hi All,

I installed a UltraView KVM switch (Rose Electronics) today that allows
me to control up to 16 Macs from a single keyboard/mouse/monitor. No
problem with the installation and configuration of 5 Mac servers with one
exception. We are running Mklinux on a PM 7100 (for perl CGIs). That
machine does not respond to the keyboard. You can restart it with the
Control-Cmd-Power key combo, but when it boots up and gives you the login
prompt...it doesn't accept any keyboard input.

The switch we bought is available in four different flavors of platform
support:
a) For PC, Sun, Apple, and Unix computers
b) For PC and Unix computers
c) For Sun computers
d) For Apple computers

We bought (d) since they are all Macs, but I'm wondering now if platform
support means OS rather than hardware.
Any ideas?

Darren Addy
University of Nebraska at Kearney

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Sol 7/x86 install: ata/ide problems

3. KVM switch and wheel mouse

4. i4b for avm fritz pci v.2

5. pc locks up when ps2 mouse is removed [via KVM switch]

6. Starting pppd from a CGI-Script

7. Mouse Problems With KVM Switches

8. Spamming for Linux :(

9. kvm switch mouse trouble

10. Mouse Stops Functioning After KVM Is Switched

11. Kvm Switch and Erratic Mouse

12. USB keyboard/mouse with USB/KVM switch?

13. Belkin 2-Port KVM Switch Kills Mouse in X