FreeBSD 2.1.7 & PCMCIA

Post by Warren Welc » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

I have a problem with a PCMCIA card from OSITEC.  It's a combo card with
Ethernet & modem on it (Jack of diamonds).  I'd like to be able to get
the unit to work in a laptop that I have, and infact I'd like to be able
to use it to install FreeBSD with.

I've tried a few different options, but no success...  The only think I
do get is, as I boot up the install disk, the ze & zp devices come up
and say that slot 0 has the above mentioned card in them, but that's
it...

How can I get the FreeBSD install to recognise this card?  I don't even
care about the modem, I just want to get the ethernet working...

And if I can't get it to work through the install, is it possible to get
it to work once FreeBSD is installed, and if so how?

Any help would be appreciated.

Warren

1. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache

k, I don't know where this falls under or who I should be asking... but
here's my problem.

mod_perl port installed Perl modules in
'/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd/Apache/' but didn't

have to rebuild the system perl components? the mod_perl? or is there a conf
file somewhere that I cannot find?

could 'mv' everything as well... but I would like to hear some other
opinions or options.

Thanks

2. compile failure with RTC

3. FreeBSD 4-STABLE & WaveLan PCMCIA NIC

4. Protocol Error

5. freebsd & pcmcia

6. unix source

7. PCMCIA & FreeBSD

8. Linux and RAID disk array

9. freebsd 4.2 on toshiba tecra 8000 sound & pcmcia issues

10. FreeBSD 4.4 & PCMCIA ethernet card

11. EIDE & FreeBSD; Windows NT 3.51 & FreeBSD.

12. ISA Cirrus(pre PCI) PCMCIA & ISA SCM swapbox PCMCIA

13. pcmcia include file clash 2.4.0-test6 & pcmcia-3.1.19