AH 2940UW && CD && 2.2

Post by J Wuns » Sat, 28 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> I get a message about drive refusing wide?? transfers using 8bit
> transfers.  Then the system sits there for about 30 seconds, and I see a
> scsi bus reset occurs and the boot continues.

The failing `wide' negotiation should not cause the device to become
unusable.  Since...

Quote:> If I plug this CDROM drive into a Buslogic card the system boots just
> fine and the CD is useable.

...this, it seems to be a bug in the ahc driver.  (ISTR that there was
this kind of bug back some time ago.)  Have you tried the 2.2 ALPHA or
BETA?

--
cheers, J"org

AH 2940UW && CD && 2.2

Post by J Wuns » Mon, 30 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> I get a message about drive refusing wide?? transfers using 8bit
> transfers.  Then the system sits there for about 30 seconds, and I see a
> scsi bus reset occurs and the boot continues.

The failing `wide' negotiation should not cause the device to become
unusable.  Since...

Quote:> If I plug this CDROM drive into a Buslogic card the system boots just
> fine and the CD is useable.

...this, it seems to be a bug in the ahc driver.  (ISTR that there was
this kind of bug back some time ago.)  Have you tried the 2.2 ALPHA or
BETA?

--
cheers, J"org

1. AH 2940UW && CD && 2.2

Has anyone been able to get a CDROM drive to work on 2.2 with an Adaptec
2940UW controller.

I get a message about drive refusing wide?? transfers using 8bit
transfers.  Then the system sits there for about 30 seconds, and I see a
scsi bus reset occurs and the boot continues.  When the system is booted
the kernel doesn't report any CDROM drive found.

If I plug this CDROM drive into a Buslogic card the system boots just
fine and the CD is useable.

--
Regards,
Jeff

2. Calling all Linux PPP users!!!

4. Kde 1.1.1 compilation on sun sparc SunOs 5.5.1 (aka Solaris 2.5)

6. X for Winfast 3D S700

7. 没有人用中文吗?

8. serial terminal on hmc

9. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

10. Hercules &&&&&& SVGA ?

11. Русификация NetBSD (1.5.1) Locale koi8-r

12. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache

13. &&&&&& NEEED HELP COMPAQ AND XXXXXXXXXXX