Why I can't telnet to FreeBSD after install DES on FreeBSD?

Why I can't telnet to FreeBSD after install DES on FreeBSD?

Post by wanglei lis » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I just configure my FreeBSD as a NIS client, and in order to share
passwd with other system, I installed DES.

But after that, when I type "telnet FreeBSDhost" on the NIS server, I
got:
$telnet freebsdhost
connected to freebsdhost.
Escape character is '^]'
local flow control on

and then blocked there?

Is there something wrong with DES?

Thanks a lot!

BR.

Wang Lei

1. Can't telnet from FreeBSD to FreeBSD (blackhole prob?)

I have a problem where a FreeBSD box (Box A) on one ISP can't telnet to a
FreeBSD box (Box B) on our Internet Service.

It says Connected ...   but never gets a login prompt

Box A can telnet to a OpenBSD/sparc box that is sitting next to Box B.

I have tried reducing the MTU's on both Box A and B down to 1000 and still the
same prob

If Box A dials into the ISP that Box B is connected to then Box A can telnet
to Box B

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Nigel Gorry
Systems Administrator                            http://www.tropinet.com
Radio 4KZ, Kool-FM and Zed.Net ISP                http://www.znet.net.au

2. Memory Errors!

3. Use FreeBSD telnet to FreeBSD problem

4. man

5. Why can't I install FreeBSD on a dangerously dedicated disk?

6. caldera Network Desktop aha-2940 and 3c59x

7. Why I can't install the FreeBSD on 4.3G HD(Quantum) ?

8. ibm basketball commercial

9. Why FreeBSD 4 is on 4 cd and FreeBSD 5 is only on 2 cd?

10. why does it take so long to make a telnet/ftp to Freebsd on local net

11. Strange FreeBSD problem: can't make TCP connections to other FreeBSD hosts

12. Why is OpenBSD's locate update beating FreeBSD's locate update speed?

13. Why it's a good thing FreeBSD isn't as popular as Linux