nfs: localhost not responding

Post by Ben Duncan - iSecure Network » Sat, 02 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a NFS server which handles approx 500 connections, the
server with the NFS daemon can never stay up for more then
12-24 hours without falling over. It's really starting to bug
the hell outa me.

I get the following error message 'nfs: localhost not responding'
then the machine totally locks up and nothing can be done.

Does anyone have any clues why this is happening?

Ciao!

 iSecure Networks

1. NFS mount error: portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out

Hi,

I setup a nfs export on my host, all the machines can mount it without
problem except one. It will complain about

portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out

, three times, about five mins delay and it actually mount successfully.

what's the problem of this?

2. Is it Possible......

3. Networking just fried -- localhost not even responding.

4. PTF hell

5. "NFS Server volume manangement (/vol) not responding still trying.."

6. Congestion: Try harder?

7. NFS server not responding

8. Apache use Solaris ACLs?

9. NFS server not responding, still trying

10. NFS Server not responding

11. NFS server not responding, still trying

12. NFS not responding: new-old kernel quirks