Spppcontrol isdn dial-on-demand won't work

Spppcontrol isdn dial-on-demand won't work

Post by Dominik Mimr » Sun, 15 Dec 2002 20:07:29

I have set up a 4.7 box with a Fritz!PCI 2.0 to use as a gateway. Dial-up
and NAT works fine (meanwhile). But the box won't dial-on-demand when a
client sends a request, neither would it drop the line after the idle-time
set in isdnd.rc (in my case I have set it to 90 seconds for testing)...

This is my rc.local (which seems to work fine, the system is connected when
booted):

# Bring ISDN interface up and connect to ISP
ifconfig isp0 delete -link1 down
echo -n 'Configuring ISP0 to AON Complete:'
echo -n ' spppcontrol';
spppcontrol isp0 myauthname="xxx" myauthproto=pap myauthsecret="xxx"
disable-vj disable-ipv6
echo -n 'up';
ifconfig isp0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.1 link1 up
echo '.'
route add default -interface isp0
/usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -q30m

Following are the two scripts I currently use to dial resp. drop the line
again:

# ISDN-UP
ifconfig isp0 delete -link1 down
echo -n 'Configuring ISP0 to AON Complete:'
echo -n ' spppcontrol';
spppcontrol isp0 myauthname="xxx" myauthproto=pap myauthsecret="xxx"
disable-vj disable-ipv6
echo -n 'up';
ifconfig isp0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.1 link1 up
echo '.'
route add default -interface isp0

# ISDN-DOWN
ifconfig isp0 delete -link1 down
ifconfig isp0 link1 up

After bringing the line down with the last script and trying to call a web
page on one of the clients in the LAN nothing would happen, spppcontrol
won't establish a connection.

Any advise?

Thanks
Dominik

1. Won't dial-on-demand, routing works if run pppd manually

Hi,

I'm a Linux newby using Slackware 2.0.36 and trying to set up a
dial-on-demand server by following the demand dialing howto pretty much
verbatim.  The problem is that it won't dial-on-demand.  If I start pppd
manually, it runs fine and I can see the Internet from other computers on my
LAN by using the Linux system as the default gateway.

Any hints on how to debug this?  I don't really know where to start.

2. Printcap problems.. Full of questions today..

3. ISDN Dial-On-Demand: Can't Stop dial with arp packets...

4. Linux in Universities, third draft

5. pppd dial on demand won't work until link is restarted

6. BANet RedHat 6.1 Problem

7. PPP demand dialing won't work under 2.2.3 ???

8. HELP: NFS between Solaris & OS/2

9. PPP problems - "Dial on Demand" won't dial

10. How do I setup dial-on-demand for ISDN

11. linux as a dial-on-demand ISDN router?

12. dial-on-demand and ISDN

13. ISDN Dial On Demand sendmail half working?