Securing tcp/ip communication.

Post by Leon Bote » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:26:49

I there a way to pass any communication  between two or more bsd boxes
through some sort of secure communication, maybe ssh or something,
automatically.

They use for this would be to protect the information running between the
two in a wireless environment.

Reply to leon(at)trusc(dot)net

Post by Devon Rya » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 03:15:38

> I there a way to pass any communication  between two or more bsd boxes
> through some sort of secure communication, maybe ssh or something,
> automatically.

> They use for this would be to protect the information running between the
> two in a wireless environment.

ipsec is your friend

Post by p.. » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:21:49

> I there a way to pass any communication  between two or more bsd boxes
> through some sort of secure communication, maybe ssh or something,
> automatically.

Enable IPSec between them.

man isakmpd is a starting point.

Quote:> They use for this would be to protect the information running between the
> two in a wireless environment.

Shure, that's what IPsec is designed for ( providing ESP is used)

Quote:> Reply to leon(at)trusc(dot)net

--
Peter H?kanson
        IPSec  Sverige      ( At Gothenburg Riverside )

1. communications application TCP/IP

Hi I would like to design the following, and I need ideas
on where to start researching about it.
I want to code a client/server where the client resides
on a local machine and the server on a remote machine.

The basic function is to be to connect to the remote
server via the client talking to server.
Basically, once connected I want to be able to issue
root commands on the remote system from the local system.

So I believe I will need a server application piece on
the remote end to deal with this.

Is this possible with sockets or xti?
Do I need to somehow create a shell?
If possible I'd like to avoid telnet.
I would prefer to code in C, but am open to other languages.
I would love to have encryption of data thru transmission as well.

Any suggestions on where to start and what to read would
be grateful.

Thanks

Mikesta

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Microsoft's SCO Agreement

3. TCP/IP socket communication with Win95, NT and Mac

4. Setting Up NTP servers and Clients

5. UNIX -> NT TCP/IP port communication question

6. how to read or write from a csh program?

7. tcp/ip communication blocs : getmsg hangs

8. MIT Kerberos v5...

9. Hardware/Software solutions for TCP/IP <-> LU6.2 APPC communications

10. TCP/IP communication problem

11. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP