Compaq 1850R

Post by Security99 » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:59:12

Does anyone have FreeBSD running on a Compaq 1850R that has the smart array
controller?  I just picked one up and want to move my DNS box over to it.

Compaq 1850R

Post by bard » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:55:42

> Does anyone have FreeBSD running on a Compaq 1850R that has the smart array
> controller?  I just picked one up and want to move my DNS box over to it.

Depends on the type, I think most are supported, I have 4.8 working on
2DH/2P and 3200.

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.8R/hardware-i386.html#AEN33

Compaq Intelligent Drive Array Controllers ( ida(4) driver)

     *

       Compaq SMART Array 221
     *

       Compaq Integrated SMART Array Controller
     *

       Compaq SMART Array 4200, 4250ES Controllers
     *

       Compaq SMART Array 3200, 3100ES Controller
     *

       Compaq SMART-2/DH, SMART-2/SL, SMART-2/P, SMART-2E, and SMART
Controllers

HTH.

1. Linux on HP LPr and/or Compaq 1850r

We're looking to purchase a few compact rack-mount servers and have
narrowed the field down to the new HP LPr and the Compaq 1850r.

Neither firm has any real info on their ability to support Linux.  I
was wondering if anyone has any experience with Linux on these boxes?

Second, we'd like to outfit one of them with a RAID card.  HP has
this RAID card called the NetRAID 3Si that uses Ultra2 SCSI LVD.  It
should work with Linux right?  I mean, the RAID hardware doesn't
matter to the OS, does it?

Cheers,
Rob

2. text based web browser.

3. install on Compaq 1850R (prob with embedded ncr53c876 SCSI HOST Adapter)

4. user environments

5. compaq 1850R - how to get 2nd cpu to work

6. No boot prompt when I copy kernel to floppy

7. 2.2.9 problem on Compaq 1850R

8. Disk mirroring

9. compaq/hp ProLiant 1850r detecting incorrect CPU speed

10. compaq proliant 1850R FSB speed wrong (66 vs. 100)

11. Slackware on Compaq Proliant 1850R

12. Compaq Presario 1850R Red Hat 7.3 install hang

13. Linux on Compaq ProLian 1850R - any luck?