Epson 1240 USB Scanner, Sane and FreeBSD

Epson 1240 USB Scanner, Sane and FreeBSD

Post by Eric Jacobon » Mon, 05 Mar 2001 02:40:52

Hi,

In a recent thread, someone wrote he was using a 1240U Epson Scanner
with Sane and FreeBSD. I have such a scanner, but i don't succeed to
make it works :(.

Tweaking /sys/dev/usb/usbdevs and uscanner.c, FBSD "see it" when i
power up my scanner.

$ dmesg |grep "^us"
usb0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
usb1: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci1
usb1: USB revision 1.0
uscanner0: EPSON Perfection1240, rev 1.00/1.04, addr 2

I've installed sane/xsane from the ports :

$ sane-config --version
1.0.3

I've read the various on-line docs, the various FAQ but sane doesn't
recognize my scanner (scanimage --list-devices' say nothing...).

I've asked before but as there was no answer, i ask again: can someone
confirms he is using this model with FreeBSD (mine is Stable) and sane
(FreeBSD port version) ? If there is such a guy, my forever
gratefulness if he explains the steps to follow ;-)
--
ric Jacoboni, n il y a 1287001149 secondes.

Post by Steve O'Hara-Smit » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 05:59:45

> (FreeBSD port version) ? If there is such a guy, my forever
> gratefulness if he explains the steps to follow ;-)

        See my reply to your other post. In case it gets lost the secret is
in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/epson.conf - add a line

usb /dev/uscanner0

--
Life is complex - it has real and imaginary parts.