Linux ELF interpreter error with linux version of NeTraMet on Freebsd2.2.7

Linux ELF interpreter error with linux version of NeTraMet on Freebsd2.2.7

Post by InterViso » Fri, 12 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I unpacked the linux version of NeTraMet to measure traffic from our
intranet to the internet over our isdn router.

When I try to run the NeTraMet package all I get is the following
error:

  ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 not found

I looked up this library on the internet and copied it to
/compat/linux/lib/

However when I try to run Netramet now I just get segmentation faults
and it dumps a core.

Should I install the liinux library ld-linux.so.1 in another way? It
didn't install when I ran the linux library install.

Thanks,

Luke

1. installing linux version of Netramet on freebsd2.2.7

Hi,

I want to track the IP traffic that passes our ISDN internet router. I
have been told that netramet is a package that collects data on IP
traffic and stores this data in SNMP counters, which can be nicely
read by MRTG to produce detailed graphics on our bandwidt/traffic
utilisation. So I thought I's install Netramet and MRTG and hey
presto.......

Unfortunatly there is no FreeBSD binary package out there to simply
pkg_add. I suppose I could emulate the linux version on the FreeBSD
machine. So I setup linux emulation and installed the lkb libraries.

Still I haven't an idea how to install the linux package. The file is
called linux42.tar.gz and I downloaded it from
ftp://ftp.netramet.ah.net/pub/netramet/

Some help would be realy appriciated. (Even if it's only some help on
linux emulation on FreeBSD. Or have I got anybody interested enough to
build a new FreeBSD netramet package?

Thanks,

Luke

2. Audio processing

3. Updating 2.7 to 2.7-current - error: __warn_references in libcompat

4. windows is not the answer, windows is the question. "no" is the answer -propoganda text file

5. ELF interpreter ld-elf.so.1 not found????!!

6. RH6.1 & RAID5

7. Error compiling linux 2.0.13 with gcc 2.7.2p

8. Solaris 8 Nis+ server and RH Linux 7.3 Nis+ client ---- Problems and Questions

9. gcc 2.7.x compile time for a.out and ELF

10. ksh version vs OS 2.5.1, 2.6 & 2.7

11. market share of solaris versions (2.6 vs. 2.7 vs. 8)

12. zgv version 2.7 unviewable

13. Solaris 2.6 is the last version...heres Solaris 2.7!