Crystal Audio? How to reconfigure?

Post by Lewis Bear » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

All,

Earlier this week I posted about how to make my sound blaster Pro work
and I got some advice from you guys. A do appreciate it. However, I
discovered from my co-worker that our work PCs have "Crystal Audio"
cards built in and that they run on Irq 5, DMA 1, and base addr 530H.
Now, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on just what
driver or kernel devices should be used for this beast. Has anyone else
set up FreeBSD with one?

For now I'm going to try assuming that the sb0 kernel module is still
appropriate, but I'm going to change the kernel line to reflect 530 and
irq 5, and then change /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sound/sound_config.h to
reflect that and recompile. Wish me luck.

However, if there is some known solution out there, please post it here
or email me at:

Thanks,

Lewis

--

Post by Luigi Rizz » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Earlier this week I posted about how to make my sound blaster Pro work
> and I got some advice from you guys. A do appreciate it. However, I
> discovered from my co-worker that our work PCs have "Crystal Audio"

remove all the voxware stuff (controller snd0 etc.)
and use my audio driver:

        controller pcm0
        device pcm0 ... (look in LINT)

        cheers
        luigi
Luigi Rizzo                  |  Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione

tel: +39-50-568533           |  via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522           |  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/