Doom can;t find '/lib/ld.so'

Post by rema » Fri, 12 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I've trying to run doom at home, and I cant't get it to work.  It loads
and everything, the linux emu starts at boot up.  The only problem is
that it stops without even starting with
Error : can't find '/lib/ld.so'

I don't have a /lib directory so I made one and tried everything
including physically copying a copy of ld.so to it.  My copy of ld.so is
65535 bytes (which looks a little suspicious, but then again it is an
image file) and it resides in the /usr/share/libexec dir.

any hints??

regards, chris
--
Christopher Day

home page  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~s2172268

If an infinite number of hillbillies rode around in an inifinite
number of pickup trucks with an infinite number of shotguns, one would
eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare in braille on
highway road signs.

Doom can;t find '/lib/ld.so'

Post by David Malo » Fri, 12 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>Hi,
>I've trying to run doom at home, and I cant't get it to work.  It loads
>and everything, the linux emu starts at boot up.  The only problem is
>that it stops without even starting with
>Error : can't find '/lib/ld.so'
>any hints??

If you can add the linux compat libraries from packages - this
should get rid of the problem.

        David.