1. FreeBSD 5.0 boot problems on Compaq Armada 1750
I'm trying to get FreeBSD 5.0 to run on my older Compaq Armada 1750 laptop,
but it refuses to boot. When I boot and it gets to mounting the root image,
it freezes up. It boots fine with FreeBSD 4.3, but It dosen't support the
PCMCIA controller located in the machine, thus no network is awailable on
Slackware Linux 8.0 works fine, but I'd rather use FreeBSD because of the
stability, and certain security issues(And the posibility to make a minimal
installation and add/compile everything yourself, without having to use
Also, I have an old Digital ventures 5133 I've tried to install FreeBSD 5.0,
but it can't use the diskcontroller, it refuses to do so. Linux(Redhat 6.2)
also works quite fine on this machine.
Does anyone have a clue to what I could do to get FreeBSD on my machine, or
am I stuck on Windows/Linux on this hardware?
I didn't think that FreeBSD would be so picky about hardware, but I guess it
3. XFree86 problem on a Compaq Armada 1750
5. Problems with Xwindows in a TFT LCD (Compaq Armada 1750)
7. Compaq Armada 1750 Refresh Rates for X Windows
9. Installation problems with Compaq Armada 1750
10. Posessed Compaq Armada 1750 (it sure seems that way)
11. Compaq Armada 1750 Docking Bay
12. How to install RH 6.1 on Compaq Armada 1750 laptop?
13. Armada 1750