No sound in kscd (only)

Post by Braxton Burrsaddl » Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:57:28

I have FBSD 4.7-stable, with the pcm device and working sound in KDE,
except for kscd.  kscd identifies tracks and times, and is in full
control of the CD player, but no sound comes out of the speakers.
This is true for both CD devices.

Other sound applications (kmidi, kaboodle) play fine.

From dmesg:

pcm0: <CMedia CMI8738> port 0xdc00-0xdcff irq 11 at device 16.0 on pci0
acd0: CDROM <FX320S> at ata1-slave PIO4
cd0 at ahc0 bus 0 target 6 lun 0
cd0: <HP CD-Writer+ 9200 1.0e> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-4 device

Where should I be looking to resolve this?

Thanks -

Brax

No sound in kscd (only)

Post by Steve O'Hara-Smit » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 02:12:17

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:57:28 GMT

BB> I have FBSD 4.7-stable, with the pcm device and working sound in KDE,
BB> except for kscd.  kscd identifies tracks and times, and is in full
BB> control of the CD player, but no sound comes out of the speakers.
BB> This is true for both CD devices.

        Two things to check:

        Is there a cable connecting the audio out of each CD device to the
sound card ?

        Have you turned up the relevant channel with mixer (or a GUI version
of it) ?

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun
                                            |   http://www.sohara.org/

No sound in kscd (only)

Post by Braxton Burrsaddl » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:25:33

>         Two things to check:

>         Is there a cable connecting the audio out of each CD device to
>         the
> sound card ?

Nope, I thought you could point and click at the CD player....

Thank you, fixed now.

-Brax

1. No sound - kmpg, kmidi | Yes sound - kscd | Why?

Can someone help me out?  kscd plays my cd's just fine.  However, when I
try to play anything using kmpg, kmidi, kmedia or x11amp, I get NO
SOUND.  I've checked to see if the kernel modules are loaded, and they
are.  The settings for the sb.0 module match what is suggested and what
has worked for me before.

What else is there to configure?

Frustrated,
Ron

2. I'm Dumb.

3. only in KSCD no sound

4. File systems

5. kscd - Will it play out the sound card?

6. Problem with ports and packages

7. KSCD and TBS Montego A3D sound card (Vortex).

8. Open Windows + Olit

9. No sound from KSCD

10. No Sound whith kscd

11. KSCD & Sound (lost)

12. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

13. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?