Error making world: unrecognized option in install-info

Error making world: unrecognized option in install-info

Post by vector-sigm » Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello, I just compiled everything and I saw the title "install
everything" during
a "make world" -- I have already deleted /usr/obj and I follow the
instructions in
the handbook. But I got the following error message.

Can I skip this install-info, or is there a correct version of
install-info?

Thanks for any suggestions.
===> lib/libcom_err/doc
install-info --quiet  --defsection="Programming & development tools."
--defentry="* libco
m_err: (com_err).        A Common Error Description Library for UNIX."
com_err.info /usr/
share/info/dir
install-info: unrecognized option `--defsection=Programming &
development tools.'
        Try `install-info --help' for a complete list of options.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Error making world: unrecognized option in install-info

Post by Steve Kar » Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Can I skip this install-info, or is there a correct version of
> install-info?

more /usr/src/UPDATING

make -k installworld
make installworld

--
Steve

Post by Donn Mille » Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> > Can I skip this install-info, or is there a correct version of
> > install-info?

> more /usr/src/UPDATING

> make -k installworld
> make installworld

Or, you could also automate this with

make installworld || (make -k installworld ; make installworld)

- Donn

Error making world: unrecognized option in install-info

Post by vector-sigm » Tue, 28 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I just want to thank the people who helped me through this upgrade. I
finally succeeded. 4.0 id awesome! Kicks ass! But I have to stay up till
5:30AM, though :-)

1. gcc error - "Unrecognized option -Qy"

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I just installed Linux Kernel
2.0.0 with GCC 2.7.2. Everything works fine, but I want to recompile the kernel
to get rid of some things that I don't need...

When the compiler comes in during the make process. It gives me the error

"Unrecognized option -Qy"

I have installed the kernel two times along with GCC..  Same problem...

Also, this error occurs when I try to compile any file..

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated...

I downloaded the kernel and related utilities from ftp.wsc.com
/pub/freeware/linux

Thanks

Mike

2. Bad root disk under Solaris 2.4 - restoring from tape

3. Compilation error - gcc: unrecognized option `-rpath'

4. XFree and SS24x

5. g++ unrecognized option error ?

6. How do I find sytem information?

7. "Error: unrecognized db option..." in red-carpet & gnorpm

8. Sol7 32 vs 64 bit kernel

9. Compiling kernel error: as: unrecognized option `-Qy'

10. "Error: unrecognized db option..." in red-carpet & gnorpm

11. Making a new kernel - CVSuped, not made world yet.

12. setup.ins error when installing OO in 5.0-REL