FreeBSD Configuration Utility

FreeBSD Configuration Utility

Post by Donn Mille » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00




> Is there any kind of configuration utility for configuring the system, like
> a linuxconf (for linux) or scoadmin (for sco unix)?

Well, right now there's /stand/sysinstall.

- Donn

 
 
 

FreeBSD Configuration Utility

Post by Kendal Montgomer » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00


Is there any kind of configuration utility for configuring the system, like
a linuxconf (for linux) or scoadmin (for sco unix)?

if anyone knows of this could they please email me at

Thanks in advance!!

Kendal L. Montgomery
Network Administrator
Findlay Industries, Inc.

 
 
 

FreeBSD Configuration Utility

Post by Undercove » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00


My personal fav is webmin, its free at http://www.webmin.com

Dennis


> Is there any kind of configuration utility for configuring the system,
like
> a linuxconf (for linux) or scoadmin (for sco unix)?

> if anyone knows of this could they please email me at

> Thanks in advance!!

> Kendal L. Montgomery
> Network Administrator
> Findlay Industries, Inc.

 
 
 

FreeBSD Configuration Utility

Post by free.. » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00


which is already in ports under /sysutils, for anyone who has yet installed.
vmware is really a great tool for newbies to master the OS like a pro.

vmware is also in ports now but only run on 4.0 though.



Quote:>My personal fav is webmin, its free at http://www.webmin.com

>Dennis

 
 
 

FreeBSD Configuration Utility

Post by Chris Costell » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00



> which is already in ports under /sysutils, for anyone who has yet installed.
> vmware is really a great tool for newbies to master the OS like a pro.
> vmware is also in ports now but only run on 4.0 though.

   What has VMWare got to do with configuring a FreeBSD system?


 
 
 

FreeBSD Configuration Utility

Post by free.. » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00


Oops.  Sorry.  It was a big typo.  Should be "webmin is really a great
tool..... ", following previous poster's recommendation on webmin..



>> which is already in ports under /sysutils, for anyone who has yet installed.
>> """vmware"""" is really a great tool for newbies to master the OS like a pro.

>> vmware is also in ports now but only run on 4.0 though.

>   What has VMWare got to do with configuring a FreeBSD system?



///////////////////////////////////////////////////
Get webmin in /ports/sysutils
or at http://www.webmin.com
That's what you need to master an Unix likey OS
 
 
 

FreeBSD Configuration Utility

Post by Chris Costell » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00



> Oops.  Sorry.  It was a big typo.  Should be "webmin is really a great
> tool..... ", following previous poster's recommendation on webmin..

   That had to be the worst case of off-by-one I've ever seen!


 
 
 

FreeBSD Configuration Utility

Post by free.. » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00




>> Oops.  Sorry.  It was a big typo.  Should be "webmin is really a great
>> tool..... ", following previous poster's recommendation on webmin..

>   That had to be the worst case of off-by-one I've ever seen!

        hohoho!  As far as core dump is concerned, you are right.  But you must be
still pretty young 'cause I've seen some bigger than elephants walking on
water...  ehh..  Frankly, I think webmin should work in console mode too.  I
will talk to them later to see how I can help..
///////////////////////////////////////////////////
Get webmin in /ports/sysutils
or at http://www.webmin.com
That's what you need to master an Unix like OS
 
 
 

FreeBSD Configuration Utility

Post by Chris Costell » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00



> hohoho!  As far as core dump is concerned, you are right.  But you
> must be still pretty young 'cause I've seen some bigger than elephants
> walking on water... ehh..  Frankly, I think webmin should work in
> console mode too.  I will talk to them later to see how I can help..

   Well, on Usenet(*).  Just plain text messages don't come near
some of the code I've seen (and dealt with).


* Well, in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc, anyway.

 
 
 

FreeBSD Configuration Utility

Post by charlesreynold » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00



> Is there any kind of configuration utility for configuring the system, like
> a linuxconf (for linux) or scoadmin (for sco unix)?

> if anyone knows of this could they please email me at

> Thanks in advance!!

> Kendal L. Montgomery
> Network Administrator
> Findlay Industries, Inc.

I am using SAM /System Admin Manager 2.0
Look at http://homepage.esoterica.pa/~jardim/index.html

This URL is from the Help->About dialog box. It works great here.

Charlie

--
UNIX is never having to say:
"Reboot the system and see if you still have the problem."
"I have this blue screen full of letters and numbers."
"You must reboot your system to complete this installation."