Dell poweredge 2300

Post by Ben Suffol » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

I am looking at buying a Dell PowerEdge 2300 server and was wondering if
its worth getting the raid card (i.e. is it supported?)

I asked Dell TS what type of card it was (as they call it a PowerEdge
Raid
Controller) and this is what I was told :-

Quote:>The build in scsi controllers on the PE
>2300 server are the Adaptec AHA 7860 and the AHA 7890 u2w/lvd controllers.
>The Raid controllers we use are the PERC Raid controllers. The standard Perc
>and Perc SC (single channel) both AMI (American Megatrends) architecture and
>the new PERC 2 (4 channel) controller uses Adaptec chipset (7897).

Regards

Ben

--

http://www.orange.co.uk

Dell poweredge 2300

Post by Vallo Kallast » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I am looking at buying a Dell PowerEdge 2300 server and was wondering if
> its worth getting the raid card (i.e. is it supported?)

> I asked Dell TS what type of card it was (as they call it a PowerEdge
> Raid
> Controller) and this is what I was told :-

>>The build in scsi controllers on the PE
>>2300 server are the Adaptec AHA 7860 and the AHA 7890 u2w/lvd controllers.
>>The Raid controllers we use are the PERC Raid controllers. The standard Perc
>>and Perc SC (single channel) both AMI (American Megatrends) architecture and
>>the new PERC 2 (4 channel) controller uses Adaptec chipset (7897).

The 7890 U2W and 7860 are supported accordingly to 3.2-RELEASE
HARDWARE.TXT file. The PERC raid controller is not. For the new PERC-2
controller I don't know, it uses 7897 controller chip which can be
supported, the 789x chips are mentioned as supported ones... Better ask
from freebsd-scsi list.
--

Vallo Kallaste