Adjusting Telnet/FTP timeout values

Post by Chris Kohle » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

Could any of you tell me how to adjust the timeout value for Telnetting
or FTP'ing into a FreeBSD box?

thanks

Chris

Post by S.C.Spro » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>Could any of you tell me how to adjust the timeout value for Telnetting
>or FTP'ing into a FreeBSD box?

Reading the manpages should help you get acquainted with the basic know-how:
`man ftpd' and `man login.conf'

scsprong

1. Adjusting FTP timeout

I'm FTPing from a solaris machine to my linux box, how do I change the
FTP timeout period? to be precise is there a way to increase the period
that FTP waits before disconnecting an idle client?

Thanks

2. Wan Interface Card

3. Telnet and ssh timeout value

4. ping works, telnet and ftp don't

5. FTP - setting timeout values?

6. HP A1097C Monitor Settings? (Modeline)

7. FTP Timeout value

8. Can't telnet to localhost

9. ftp/telnet open processes lagging ftp/telnet startup

10. Need help: telnet/ftp timeouts

11. telnet/ftp session timeout

12. FTP and TELNET timeouts