Q: Xgalaga and Luigis Sound driver

Post by Patrick M. Hause » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi all!

After setting up my new system with Luigi's sound code instead of the
old Voxware drivers xgalaga doesn't work anymore.
The sound is always a couple of seconds behind.

Any hints? More HW-Info needed?

Thanks,
Patrick

1. 3 Qs - lock file, sound, mounting CD-ROM

I'm a newbie to Linux and am quickly learning, but I have a few
questions.  I have just set up Red Hat 6.1 Deluxe and am having the
following three problems and  can't find solutions in any documentation:

1.  PPP is working, but I can't open Netscape due to a "lock file".
Where is this lock file and should I delete it?  What do I need to do
to use Netscape?

2.  How do I set up and configure my sound?  I have no sound right now
and can't figure out how to get Linux to fetect my sound card.  I have
a Soundblaster 16, by the way.

3.  How do I mount my CD-ROM drive?  My floppy seems to mount
automatically, but everytime I try to mound my CD-ROM I get the message
"Invalid media type" - regardless of what CD is in the drive.

I would greatly appreciate any replies!

2. gcc 2.4.5 and linking device drivers under Solaris 2.x

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. Proper Recognition of CDR by Linux / Unexplained CDR Issue

5. my fav commands w/several Qs: DHCP, driver install, certificates, etc.

6. How to allow all LAN boxes to surf the web (not just the gateway)?

7. Voxware AND Luigis Soundriver at once?

8. Problems with 'make' for imwheel

9. kernels 2.2.x: sound cuts with OPL3-SAx sound driver

10. Sound with speaker, not Sound Card Driver

11. azt2320 sound card and alsa sound drivers

12. Sound driver WITHOUT sound card.(?)

13. Sound Card Help: ALSA driver, ESSOLO 1938 PCI Sound Card