how to run mc (midnight commander) in color mode under X?

how to run mc (midnight commander) in color mode under X?

Post by Andreas Hinterleitne » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

What do I have to do to make midnight commander run in color mode (mc -c
doesn't help)? How do I have to compile it?

how to run mc (midnight commander) in color mode under X?

Post by Florian Kuehne » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Andreas Hinterleitner schrieb/wrote/crivait/ha scritto:

Quote:>What do I have to do to make midnight commander run in color mode (mc -c
>doesn't help)?

What terminal settings do you have? What happens if you type "echo
$TERM"?

Quote:>How do I have to compile it?

cd /usr/ports/misc/mc
make
make install

  Florian
--
"Hetzt doch einfach babelfish auf lyrics.ch"
  -- Alex auf dem B5-Goldk*(http://www.veryComputer.com/~dwilkens/chat.html)

Post by Frits Mesma » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> What do I have to do to make midnight commander run in color mode (mc -c
> doesn't help)? How do I have to compile it?

xterm does the trick:

xterm +cm -tn xterm-color -T mc -n mc -e mc &

more information: man xterm

Frits

1. debian-mc (Midnight Commander)

Can anyone help a newcomer with basic Linux use?
I have just installed debian linux by way of Infomagic sixpack, cd roms;
ok so far.
With 'dselect' I marked some relevant files (mc in particular to find my
way around the environment) and installed these.
1.    Where were these files installed to.........I can't  'locate'   mc

2.    I assume that mc executes by typing 'mc" at the linux prompt; it
doesn't.
What am I doing wrong ??????
Thank you in anticipation for any help you experienced people may offer.

Dan

2. wait_on_buffer

3. Midnight Commander(mc) on a floppy?

4. What gigabit cards?

5. mc (midnight commander) with iso-8x16 font (syscons)?

6. Tape drive for Solaris 2.6 Intel

7. mc Midnight Commander Help

8. Changing login directory for user already added

9. Mouse in Midnight Commander, was: mc mouse support for users

10. Midnight Commander (mc) on RedHat 8

11. No colour with Emacs and Midnight Commander: ncurses problem?

12. Midnight Commander and colour

13. Midnight Commander lost color in 1.2.13