hp5550 printer and lpd

Post by Dave » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 11:39:26

Hello,
    I'm trying to find some information about configuring a FreeBSD print
server with my printer. It's an hp deskjet 5550, that i want to use for my
internal networks printing ability. If anyone has this printer working with
lpd please let me know.
Thanks.
Dave.

hp5550 printer and lpd

Post by none » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 08:15:40

I haven't tried all of these yet, but you might want to take a look
at the following which includes "support" for your particular printer:

1) FreeBSD ports

hpijs-1.3.1         The drivers and support resources for the HP Inkjet Printer
libijs-0.34         C library that supports plugin printer driver for Ghostscri
ghostscript-gnu-7.05_4 GNU Postscript interpreter
apsfilter-7.2.5_1   Magic print filter with file type recognition, print previe
        /usr/local/share/apsfilter/setup/printer-hpijs
        /usr/local/share/apsfilter/setup/printer-ijs

2) HP Inkjet "Interface" via 'hpijs/ijs' and GNU Ghostscript

http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/

> Hello,
>     I'm trying to find some information about configuring a FreeBSD print
> server with my printer. It's an hp deskjet 5550, that i want to use for my
> internal networks printing ability. If anyone has this printer working with
> lpd please let me know.

1. remote printer for other unix...lpd, host.lpd, etc

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a Linux box as a remote printer server for other
UNIX boxes such as Solaris.  I can print to the linux box from the
remote hosts if the user exists on both the local machine and the remote
machine.  However, I'd like to be able to print to the Linux box without
having to add users to the Linux box.

I've added all the machines that will access the printer into the
/etc/hosts.lpd file and here is a copy of the pertinent entry in my
/etc/printcap file:

hplaser:\
         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
         :mx#0:\
         :sh:\
         :lp=/dev/lp0:\
         :rs=false:\
         :sc:\
         :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer!

Cheers, Luc.
P.S. Please also reply to the following address:

2. V880 obp update

3. Lpd hangs at startup when remote printer is offline and there are jobs for the printer

4. Apache for NetBSD 1.4.2

5. two LPD printers, one physical printer

6. Logon problem

7. Setting up a SCO lpr printer to serve as remote printer for PC lpd's

8. Authentifcation des sous-dossier de cgi-bin

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. hp5550 on FreeBSD

11. lpd - printer problems

12. lpd: cannot execv .. printer filters

13. Can someone post lpd.conf and lpd.perm files