Using CTM to stay with 2.2-STABLE, where are the initial deltas?

Using CTM to stay with 2.2-STABLE, where are the initial deltas?

Post by Richard J. Pontefrac » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Having just read the handbook section on synchronising a source tree
using CTM, I believe I need an initial delta to serve as a starting
point.

As I have a complete 2.2.5-RELEASE source tree present on my machine, I
was looking for a transition from R225.  Unfortunately I can't find
one.

Am I missing something here?

I have just been back and read the section again, and am still non the
wiser.

Rich

Using CTM to stay with 2.2-STABLE, where are the initial deltas?

Post by Dominic Mitche » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Having just read the handbook section on synchronising a source tree
> using CTM, I believe I need an initial delta to serve as a starting
> point.

> As I have a complete 2.2.5-RELEASE source tree present on my machine, I
> was looking for a transition from R225.  Unfortunately I can't find
> one.

> Am I missing something here?

> I have just been back and read the section again, and am still non the
> wiser.

Urgh.  I tried this and never quite got it right.  :-(  What I'd
reccomend is ftp the nearest base deltas and use those to "start again"
with your source tree.  Then again, I found it easier to use a cvs tree
and cvsup after a bit.  :-)
--
This posting does not represent the opinion of Demon Internet.

"You can lead the lusers to the information but there's no way you'll
 get them to digest it." -- Mark Lowes

Post by Adrian Wontro » Fri, 06 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>Urgh.  I tried this and never quite got it right.  :-(  What I'd
>reccomend is ftp the nearest base deltas and use those to "start again"
>with your source tree.  Then again, I found it easier to use a cvs tree
>and cvsup after a bit.  :-)

I used CTM for a while, and then switched to cvsup and cvs. Once
you get over the initial (long....) session, cvsup runs quite
rapidly - I don't think I've seen anything more than 10-15 minutes
per day, and that is for the "all versions" target.

Isn't there a copy of the repository on the 2.2.5 CDs?