Load-Balancing Outgoing Network Connections

Load-Balancing Outgoing Network Connections

Post by Curtis Jon » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:23:19

I've run into an interesting opportunity - I've got decent internet
access through a cable modem, and my new employer is offering to fully
pick up the tab on DSL, if I so desire it - to which I could hardly
bring myself to say 'no'. Anyway, so, I should have DSL AND Cable here
pretty soon. Ever since AT&T took over Comcast's customer base in this
area, the cable service has been horrible...hopefully just
transition-related 'pains'. Anyway, my FreeBSD machine is using ipfw
to shield my in-house network from the evils of the outside world. I
have a hub on either side of the machine, and I am going to add
another nic, and another hub to accomodate the DSL connection. I'd
like outgoing traffic to be somehow 'load balanaced' across the two
connections - even alternating would be sufficient - I just don't know
how - or even if it's possible. Anyway, any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Curtis Jones

1. load balancing tool for tcp/ip network connections

I want to use a few cable modems as one internet connection. I want to do
that because my cable modems are limited to 128 kbit/s.
I'm looking for a tool which is similar to eql. But i need it for multiple
cable modems.
I'm using Slackware 7.0
The principle should be possible because we have 2 cable modems with 2
accounts. We connect each modem to a different network card.

thank you for your help...

Edgix

2. CL-GD5401 / Dualpage 120i, X (mono)

3. help with load-balancing on 2 DSL connections

4. fix compile warning and initialization of static tmsisa

5. Reinstall OS after upgrade?

6. Athlon and 2.4.x not booting

7. PPP load balancing works for incoming but not outgoing???

8. ISO software for CPU load-balancing across network

9. Combine multiple Internet connections for load balancing and failover.

10. DSL multiple connection router load balancing

11. balancing load on a PPP connection