1. Problems burning CD-R with cdwrite-1.6a12 on FreeBSD 2.2.5-R
I just purchased a Sony CDU-926S SCSI CD-R:
(ahc0:4:0): "SONY CD-R CDU926S 1.1g" type 5 removable SCSI 2
cd1(ahc0:4:0): CD-ROM cd present [210262 x 2048 byte records]
Despite the fact that it ID's as a CD-ROM, this device is, indeed, a CD-R.
(In fact, I recorded a CD under Windows using Adaptec CD Creator, and it
It is definitely listed as being a compatible unit in the cdrecord README.
In any case, I tried using it to burn an audio CD under FreeBSD. I used
the tosha port to write out my favorite tracks from several CD's onto my
SCSI Jaz drive, and tried to burn them onto a brand new CD-R as follows:
(yes, I am running as root-- note the "#" prompt:)
- -audio /jaz/track*
Cdrecord release 1.6a12 Copyright (C) 1995-1998 J?rg Schilling
TOC Type: 0 = CD-DA
scsibus: 0 target: 4 lun: 0
cdrecord: Cannot do inquiry for CD-Recorder.
cdrecord: Undefined error: 0. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: fatal error
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s
The CD-R works great otherwise -- I can mount and use CD-ROMs with it
under FreeBSD, and it burns disks perfectly under Windoze.
Does anyone have any idea of what I'm doing wrong, or why this isn't
workout for me? Please let me know. Thanks!
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/ ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212 | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666 FAX: (800) 492-5954 | USE IT.
2. ATI Mach 64 Framebuffer Setup?
3. Why FreeBSD 4 is on 4 cd and FreeBSD 5 is only on 2 cd?
4. Tripwire segmentation fault
5. CD Burning software for FreeBSD?
6. My Modem in Linux
7. Please help -- error in burning or reading burned CD
9. Burning freebsd install cd in win95
10. Unable to burn CD-RWs with FreeBSD 4.8
11. burning iso image of 4.2 FreeBSD onto a 650 Meg CD RW
12. Burning FreeBSD Boot/Install CD?