Problems with Sony double speed CD-ROM

Post by Stefa » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hello everyone!

Because of a processor- and motherboard upgrade I had to install
FreeBSD-2.2.1 once again. But there a problem appeared: Before that I
could only mount my CD-ROM drive, a Sony CDU-33A attached on a Mozart
sound card, after I had run MS Windows and entered FreeBSD via warm
start.
Now, it does not work at all under FreeBSD (contrary to M$). I do not
know why: the settings are the same (0x340, Windows reports) and that is
what I added to my kernel config file.

What can I do? I do not know if this problem is known but I do not have
any clue!

                        Stefan.

1. CDU33A double Speed CD-ROm drive unit

        Hello.  I am having trouble installing my new CDU33A double
speed CDROM drive .  I have compiled in support for:

        scsi cdrom
        scsi generic
        Sony CDU33A Driver

        Upon bootup, I get a loadup message from the sony driver
but the scsi (drivers?) report 0 cdroms found.  I would appreciate
any hints or help anyone can provide.

        Here is detailed information:

        CDROM interface uses memory address 340H.  No other interupt
or such information is available to me.

        Other connected devices are:

        Sound Blaster IRQ5 DMA1 220H
        ATI Mach 32   COM4 ---- 2E0-2EF
        COM1 (mouse)  IRQ4      3F8-3FF
        COM2 (modem)  IRQ3      2F8-2FF
        LP1(laserjet) IRQ7      378-37F

        When I switch the direction the cdrom interface is connected
the machine refuses to boot up? I am unsure of the correct direction.
No information was provided with adaptor.

-matt

2. UNIX-like OS on 286?!?

3. Hitachi Double Speed CD-ROM Drive

4. Tripplite SmartUPS software works

5. Great News for Mitsumi Double Speed Cd-Rom Users!

6. x86/Alpha hardware

7. Gateway Double Speed CD-ROM

8. Q : Starting automatically an X session upon boot ?

9. Creative Labs IDE Double Speed CD-ROM

10. 486 motherboard with DX33 and double speed CD-ROM drive

11. Mitsumi double speed cd-rom driver ?

12. Configuration of a Mitsumi Double-Speed CD-ROM

13. FreeBSD 2.1.5 and Mitsumi FX001D Double speed CD-ROM.