sendmail error: host name look up - where else to look for fix?

Post by J Wuns » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

> Or just do the DNS thing?  That seems to have solved my problem with
> sendmail!

Of course, but if you wanted this, you could have said so in the first
article...  Also, please don't quote full articles, this looks very
unprofessional.

--
cheers, J"org               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/                        NIC: JW11-RIPE

1. host name look up fail in sendmail

I set up sendmail. the mail can not be sent out.
when I check it using mailq command,
the following message displayed.

"Deferred: Name server: burro.baylor.edu: host name lookup fail"

I have configured etc/hosts and other network files. and I have runned
'named' deamon. ftp and telnet to the site out of my domain is OK.

Why?

2. $ whois "Simon Cooke"

3. Help me out! save my lost work.

4. dip -t error 'host name look up failure'

5. Apache/php processing unreliably

6. 2.2 sendmail: 553 host.iona.ie host name configuration error

7. downstream-only cable modem setup q

8. Where can I edit out host name that Netscape looks for when browsing local files

9. looking for sendmail.cf for mail host

10. Looking for sample /etc/named.conf and etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts

11. 'host name look up failure'

12. My unqualified host name ERROR SENDMAIL