pb with PCMCIA and suspend mode

Post by Olivier Charle » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have succesfully installed FreeBSD2.2.7 on a Compaq Armada 3500
notebook with PAO .
However when resuming from suspend mode, I can't  use the PCMCIA
Ethernet card (3Com 3C589) any longer.
The conection to the network is lost and I fail to reconnect with
/stand/sysinstall.

Could anybody help me?

Regards

Olivier Charles

Post by Kenneth Furg » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> I have succesfully installed FreeBSD2.2.7 on a Compaq Armada 3500
> notebook with PAO .
> However when resuming from suspend mode, I can't  use the PCMCIA
> Ethernet card (3Com 3C589) any longer.
> The conection to the network is lost and I fail to reconnect with
> /stand/sysinstall.

Do you get messages in your log file about resuming from suspended mode
and the clock being reset?  If so, then the apm stuff is probably
working OK.  Does pccard recognize that you have resumed?  Have you
tried killing and restarting pccard?  How does sysinstall enter into the
whole picture?  After installing FreeBSD (with or without PAO) you
shouldn't have to touch sysinstall again.  You should see all kinds of
messages in your log file about "Card 1" being removed and inserted
every time you suspend and resume.

- K.C.