ES1878 sound card not working

Post by Ed Rya » Sun, 12 Dec 1999 04:00:00

  I have my sound card declared in my kernel configuration as:
device  pcm0    at isa? port ? tty irq 5 drq ? flags 0x0

  and it is detected on startup with:
pcm0 at 0x220 irq 5 on isa
ESS1878 (rev 11, native mode)

However, when I try to, for example, lay an mp3, I get the messages:

/kernel: isa_dmastatus: channel -1 not active
/kernel: isa_dmastop: channel -1 not acquired
/kernel: cham -1 not busy

repeated numerous times. Does anyone have any idea how I fix this? I'm
currently running FreeBSD 3.3-Release.

Ed Ryan

ES1878 sound card not working

Post by Paul Southwor » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have that card too.  It works for me with the following
kernel config line:

device pcm0 at isa? port 0x220 tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x10

That's not to say that the card works very well, but it works
as well (badly) under FreeBSD as it does under Windows.  I think
this card is a p.o.s.

--Paul

Quote:>  I have my sound card declared in my kernel configuration as: