help: how to read PDF file on FreeBSD?

Post by c.. » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

Is there an Adobe Reader port for FreeBSD? Otherwise, how can I read PDF
files?

Thanks in advance for your info.

c6ap

help: how to read PDF file on FreeBSD?

Post by enjo » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there an Adobe Reader port for FreeBSD? Otherwise, how can I read PDF
> files?

yes. there are. but i can't remember port name... but a few weeks ago, i
install and view some documents..
but i can't find now... !!! : (
Quote:

Post by Martin Dieringe » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

> > Is there an Adobe Reader port for FreeBSD? Otherwise, how can I read PDF
> > files?
> yes. there are. but i can't remember port name... but a few weeks ago, i
> install and view some documents..
> but i can't find now... !!! : (

 Port:   xpdf-0.80
 Info:   Display tool for PDF files

 Index:  graphics print
 B-deps: XFree86-3.3.3.1 xpm-3.4k
 R-deps: XFree86-3.3.3.1 xpm-3.4k

m.

help: how to read PDF file on FreeBSD?

Post by Rene de Vrie » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

Simply install the linux version of acroread (Adobe Arobat Reader) and turn
the linux emulation on.
This always worked for me. (BTW KDE also has a viewer for PDF files, but I
like acroread better...)

>> > Is there an Adobe Reader port for FreeBSD? Otherwise, how can I read
PDF
>> > files?

> Port:   xpdf-0.80

help: how to read PDF file on FreeBSD?

Post by Martin Dieringe » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

> Simply install the linux version of acroread (Adobe Arobat Reader) and turn
> the linux emulation on.
> This always worked for me. (BTW KDE also has a viewer for PDF files, but I
> like acroread better...)

> PDF

> > Port:   xpdf-0.80

ghostscript can read pdf. so you simply can use gv to view, which displays
better but also slower. and gs has pdftops with it. the thing coming
with xpdf is pdf2ps. or the other way?

m.

1. Mozilla mail reading pdf files

Hi
I hope someone out there can help with a mozilla problem... if not
please tell me where to go! (Seriously, I can not figure out where to
post user-level questions of mozilla.)

I have: RedHat 7.2, gnome, mozilla 0.9.6. gnomecc is set to use acroread
for pdf files.

I want mozilla mail and navigator to use acroread for pdf files.  I just
did a fresh install and I have these symptoms:  navigator will open an
attached pdf file, but uses xpdf, not acroread.  mail hangs up:   I get
an arrow and hourglass, nothing happens, and I have to use kill to
recover.

I have used preferences->help applications using:
application/pdf
pdf
acroread

and there is no change in behavior:  navigator still uses xpdf, mail
still hangs.

any help would be greatly appreciated.  also appreciated would be to
reply to me directly:

thanks,
Jim Haefner

2. What is your favorite fax software?

3. Script to read pdf files

4. jail multihoming

5. pdf files, Acro-read

6. 'last' broken

7. IE: cannot read byteserved pdf file (Apache2 only)

8. IMAP & Kiss of death

9. adobe .ps vs .pdf files confusion: problems reading ".ps" documentation on redhat 5.2 linux

10. How do you read .pdf files in Linux??

11. Where can get HELP/PDF about FreeBSD

12. Newbie needs help with pdf files

13. HELP: how to convert files from Html to Pdf using command line