USENIX FreeBSD CD artwork

Post by Colin Eric Johns » Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I really like the artwork on the FreeBSD CD that was distributed at USENIX.
Can anyone tell me who the artist was? I'd like to use it in a couple of
places and I'd like to get permission and maybe access to the original
artwork.

thanks.
--

In thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds

USENIX FreeBSD CD artwork

Post by Rene de Vrie » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

The daemon artwork is copyright by Marshall Kirk McKusick. The latest CD
covers
(of the FreeBSD 3.1/3.2 CDs) are drawn by a small Dutch company, but I don't
know
what the copyright rules are of those images.
See: http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/daemon.html for more information on
the
copyright issues.

Quote:> I really like the artwork on the FreeBSD CD that was distributed at
USENIX.
> Can anyone tell me who the artist was? I'd like to use it in a couple of
> places and I'd like to get permission and maybe access to the original
> artwork.

USENIX FreeBSD CD artwork

Post by Colin Eric Johns » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Actually this artwork is a bit different then the usual artwork seen
on CDs that come out of Walnut Creek. It's an older, much larger, looking
daemon sitting in front of a computer holding a bottle of ``pop''.
Since this was a CD that was only distributed at the USENIX technical
conference I wasn't sure who I should contact about the work.

Quote:>The daemon artwork is copyright by Marshall Kirk McKusick. The latest CD

--

The scum also rises.
                -- Dr. Hunter S. Thompson