Zip 250 par -- Device not configured

Post by Jochem Koss » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

I tried to install my Iomega Zipdrive (Zip 250 parallel port) on FreeBSD,
and added the vpo thing in my kernel config file. But when i try to mount
it, it says: /dev/da0s4: device not configured.

When my system boots, it does actually recognize the zipdrive, however,
the vpo driver gives a "timeout" (from dmesg).

What do i have to do?

I'm running FreeBSD 4.0 RELEASE

Post by Michel Talo » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

> I tried to install my Iomega Zipdrive (Zip 250 parallel port) on FreeBSD,
> and added the vpo thing in my kernel config file. But when i try to mount
> it, it says: /dev/da0s4: device not configured.
> When my system boots, it does actually recognize the zipdrive, however,
> the vpo driver gives a "timeout" (from dmesg).
> What do i have to do?
> I'm running FreeBSD 4.0 RELEASE

Try to put your parallel port in EPP mode.

--
Michel Talon

1. Trying to re-build kernel for Zip 250 Drive (Par)

I have a parallel Iomega Zip 250 drive which I would like to be
recognised by RH 6.2 (PC is dual boot W95 / RH 6.2) I followed the
Mini-HOWTO on Zip Drive but 'insmod ppa' didn't work - I got errors
relating to parport_??? functions.

I followed the Mini-HOWTO and rebuilt the kernel but still got the
same error afterwards and now I get an unresolved symbols error on
boot-up.

After reading the Kernel HOWTO and a few mailings on the Red Hat web
site, I came to the conclusion that I need to configure things so that
parport and ppa are loaded into the initrd (ram disk) at boot time but
confusingly, the files mentioned in the postings didn't exist on my
system so I'm not sure how to do this.

If anyone can tell me what I've done wrong, if my hunch is right and
what I need to do to get the Zip drive working and resolve the boot
error, I'd be most grateful.

Robin.

-------------------------
Robin Welch, North London

2. nmake

3. Want Mode Lines For Viewsonic 21PS

4. Zip 250 as easy as Zip 100?

5. talk

6. IDE ZIP drive gets Device not configured

7. Promise Ultra100 Ide Controller and Caldera EDesktop 2.4

8. Zip device (parallel) is not a block device

9. How to add 128MB memory to 250 (7011-250) workstation

10. Zip 250: file system?

11. Redhat linux and Iomega Zip 250

12. zip 250 ide problem