Installing new Disk drive

Post by B. Carlso » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Ok I've read everything I could get my hands onto.  This is what
happens, I have freebsd 3.2 installed on an 8 gig drive, no problems
there.  I added a 20 gig IDE drive.  I went into /stand/sysinstall   did

the partioning thing first, I've tried it two ways,

1. made just a filesystem
2. mad a filesystem with a swap partion

Then I went to the label, I labeled it /home2 and did the write thing
right
there.  Now when I get out of sysinstall it shows up just fine when I
use
df -k, also I look at the / and /home2 is there and I can write to it.
Now
when I reboot the drive doesn't get mounted and I have to go through the

whole thing again.

Any help getting the drive mounted when I reboot would be great, thanks
in advance,

Ben Carlson

Installing new Disk drive

Post by bob prohask » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> df -k, also I look at the / and /home2 is there and I can write to it.
> Now
> when I reboot the drive doesn't get mounted and I have to go through the

Hi Ben,

What's /etc/disktab look like?

bob

Installing new Disk drive

Post by Martin Smit » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00

have you put it into /etc/fstab
try man fstab for details

--
Martin Smith

1. Installing a 2nd disk drive - terminated on drive or by cable?

I am installing a 2nd disk drive in a 320. It is a Micropolis
3.5", which, by the way, does not actually fit in the 320 (we
can only get one screw in). Anyway, there is a jumper

*When a jumper is installed at W1, the drive provides terminator
power to its on-board terminators.

*When a jumper is installed at W2, terminator power is provided by the
host system via interface cable j1.

I am thinking that the termination is done by the cable, but
I am not sure. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
        Elizabeth
--

\|/--_   -_-      ----           ###         _- ----------------------
-0    -_-   --       -__ %~- ____#0        _-   Elizabeth Strickler

2. Xwindows too BIG

3. Help Installing Red Hat 5.2, when installing from boot disk I get hard drive error.

4. Pre-Newbie ... Compaq PA-1 Mp3 Player woes

5. Install linux using hard drive as install disk?

6. S3 Virge / DX Server

7. Moving root disk to new hard drive

8. linux-biz@lege.com created (making Linux a viable business-computing OS)

9. Questions about sudo and new disk drives

10. Cannot see all disk size when adding a new drive to Sun Ultra 10 SunOs 4.0

11. New Disk and CDROM assigned same drive letter

12. Adding a new disk drive (Help)

13. ULTRA 2 not seeing new disk drive