smbsh /smb: Do I create the directory /smb

smbsh /smb: Do I create the directory /smb

Post by Mark Worsdal » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 09:22:10

Hi,

Using Samba 2.0.7 FreeBSD3.4

Using smbsh and the docs say when you are in the smbsh you can do ls
/smb/

When I do this it stated not found.

So thinking maybe like mounts I need to create it, so I did, still
nothing.

Can anyone shed light on this?

--
He came from Econet - Oh no, I've run out of underpants :(

Web site Monitoring:-             http://www.shadow.org.uk/SiteSight/

1. SMB, printing over smb, kcmshell smb fail on Red Hat 7.3

I have just installed Red Hat 7.3, replacing Mandrake 8.2 (whose KDE3
upgrade wasn't quite working right).  I reformatted / and /boot while
leaving /home intact,.  In many respects 7.3 works very well.  It looks
good and works in most respects. But I can't get it to print.

I don't hook the printer to my machine directly; this is my home system, and
there's a Win98 box in the same room, connected via Ethernet.  I use smb to
print to the Epson via that machine; in Windows, it's a no-brainer, and
Network Neighborhood "just works".  When I installed Mandrake (8.1 and 8.2
both), I was impressed by how well it handled that arrangement.  But when I
installed Red Hat 7.3, anaconda never even asked me about printers.  It
just installed a zillion packages (custom selected) and finished.

I note that during one attempt to install, anaconda hung trying to read
lprng-3.8.9 (or whatever) off of the install CD (which I had burned from an
iso download).  And since anaconda locks the drive (a MAJOR problem), I had
to red-button restart and select all packages again, reformat, etc. And of
course I unselected lprng.  I don't know if that's the problem; is it
needed for smb printing?  Kpackage sees it on the cd and lists its files,
but doesn't seem to offer the "install" button.

Any clues are much appreciated!  Thanks.

2. PPP setup

3. Can connect to smb://192.168.0.112/share but not smb://NYS/share

4. How to configure X11?

5. should restart smb each time the smb.conf changed

6. Processes dont exit...

7. Such a thing as "Secure" SMB, ie encrypted SMB?

8. FS: HAL 385 (64 bit HALOS/Solaris)

9. smb file create problem - need help

10. printtool can't create smb printer

11. SMB DOS Client

12. smb-mounted directories appear empty

13. Problems with SMB and large directories