Apache problems

Post by Akha » Sun, 09 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have freebsd 4.0 installed and  I downloaded the apache 1.3 package once
installed, I tried to run it,  it prompts me for the server name I went into
http.conf changed it to my ip addr and now it won't worg:
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
Why is this??
akhar

Apache problems

Post by Ben Shor » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Have you tried looking at the error log created by apache?
it usually resides in /var/log

Quote:> I have freebsd 4.0 installed and  I downloaded the apache 1.3 package once
> installed, I tried to run it,  it prompts me for the server name I went
into
> http.conf changed it to my ip addr and now it won't worg:
> /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
> Why is this??
> akhar

1. php problem or apache problem?

I've got php and apache running on MAC OSX and have a file path
problem. I can see my php files and the includes but the includes
images are not showing up when I use /filename/image.jpg.

I can see the images from within Dreamweaver so I know the paths are
correct and this has worked on other systems where I used to
work...leads me to think something is not correct on my machine and
setup.

I can see the images if I use a relative url, but thats not what I want
because that will only display on one level and I plan to use the
navigation across mutiple folder depths. Not sure why / will not work
here.

Ideas?

Bear in mind I am a complete newbie when it comes to apache and php and
have already tried some of the tricks php.net suggests.I'm trying this
because its been suggested that apache may need to be configured to
accept the / absolute path and I am clueless.

Katherine

--
www.lucidbydesign.com

2. NAT speed problems...

3. NIS problems => Apache problems

4. No socket access!

5. Apache: problem loading libproxy.so

6. ibuild on linux (InterViews)

7. Apache problems

8. making resolution permanent in X

9. Apache Problems: SSI / URL-Interpretation

10. Apache problems

11. Apache Problems

12. Apache problem, GRAVE

13. Apache problem solved!