natd problem - natd[121]: failed to write packet back (Permission denied).

natd problem - natd[121]: failed to write packet back (Permission denied).

Post by John Mulkeri » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:43:16

I have FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE installed and using NATD and IPFW.    With
IPFIREWALL and DIVERT enabled.   I get this:  natd[121]: failed to write
packet back (Permission denied).

When I add IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT to the kernel, I don't see the
error. So I assume it to be a firewall rule issue.

I'm using the rc.firewall but adding the "log" keyword to many of the
commands.  My ipfw command for the natd is:
natd_interface="xl0"           # Public interface.
ipfw  add divert natd all from any to any via ${natd_interface}

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

John Mulkerin

Post by Miguel Cr » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:06:59

> When I add IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT to the kernel, I don't see the
> error. So I assume it to be a firewall rule issue.

> I'm using the rc.firewall but adding the "log" keyword to many of the
> commands.  My ipfw command for the natd is:
> natd_interface="xl0"           # Public interface.
> ipfw  add divert natd all from any to any via ${natd_interface}

What are the rest of your rules? Presumably it's one of the others that is
causing the problem.

miguel

1. NATD problem -failed to write packet back (Permission denied).

I have FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE installed and using NATD and IPFW.    With
IPFIREWALL and DIVERT enabled.   I get this:  natd[121]: failed to write
packet back (Permission denied).

When I add IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT to the kernel, I don't see the
error. So I assume it to be a firewall rule issue.

I'm using the rc.firewall but adding the "log" keyword to many of the
commands.  My ipfw command for the natd is:
natd_interface="xl0"           # Public interface.
ipfw  add divert natd all from any to any via ${natd_interface}

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

John Mulkerin

2. Help on configuring virtualhost on a netra

3. ipfw settings natd: failed to write packet back (Permission denied)

4. supplementary info on pop mail, telnet, etc

5. natd[90]: failed to write packet back (Permission denied)

6. Dell XPi 100 800x600 laptop

7. natd[97]: failed to write packet back (Permission denied)

8. Reliability Tyan Tiger 230T Dual P3 VIA Apollo PRo 133T

9. NATD [104] Failed to Write Packet Back (no route to host)

10. Error -natd[285]: failed to write packet back...-

11. natd: failed to write packet back

12. NATD: Failed to write packet back

13. need help with natd error "natd[140]: failed to write packet back (no route to host)"