OnDemand ijppp: different phone numbers for different ip addresses

OnDemand ijppp: different phone numbers for different ip addresses

Post by Dinesh Nai » Mon, 07 Sep 1998 04:00:00

hey,

am trying something out, but on reading the docs cant seem to find a
solution. i do know and have run ijppp in on-demand mode and it works
fine. now here's the clincher. what i really need is to have ijppp dial
to different phone numbers for different dest ip networks, say for
10.0.0.0/8 i gotta dial 123 4567 and for 11.0.0.0/8 i gotta dial 987
6543.

it would also be great if all of this would only need one modem and one
serial port. possible ?

--
Regards,                        /\_/\   "All dogs go to heaven."

+=======================----oOO--(_)--OOo----=========================+
|for a in past present future; do                                     |
| for b in clients employers associates relatives neighbours pets; do |
| echo "The opinions here in no way reflect the opinions of my $a $b."|
|done; done                                                           |
+=====================================================================+
http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/htbin/pks-extract-key.pl?op=get&search=0x230096E9

1. requiring different users based at different IP addresses?

I'm trying to require different users based on the client IP address.  For
example, if the client's IP address is 10.20.30.40, I only want to allow
user joe to have access.  But if the client address is 10.10.2.20, only
user testy.  No other IP address is allowed.

Below is my current .htaccess.  It seems that the allows and requires get
combined together, as both users joe and testy can come from either IP
addresses. (I only put the Limit GETs in hopes that would change things).
Anyone know how to do this?

 AuthType Basic
 AuthName some_domain
 AuthUserFile /home/blah/web_users

 <Limit GET>
  order deny,allow
  deny from all
  allow from 10.20.30.40
  require user joe
 </Limit>
 <Limit GET>
  order deny,allow
  deny from all
  allow from 10.10.2.20
  require user testy
 </Limit>

Thanks,
Chris Sidi

2. Previewing with ghostscript and Svgalib not working with Slack 2.0.2

3. Different Web Page for different client IP address?

4. Q: RealTec 8139 network card and Linux/Alpha?

5. Same syscall is defined to different numbers on 3 different archs(was Re: Makefile issue)

6. Using txconn gives me timeouts???

7. diald/ppp dialing different phone numbers

8. A question about "BogoMIPS"

9. Binding a single IP Address to two different MAC addresses

10. 2 IP addresses on 1 NIC - Are different net addresses possible??

11. Apache: different access for different IP's

12. Using different IP Names for different Unix apps.

13. pppd: how to give different ip-adrs to different dial-in accounts