Disable Virtual IP Hosting (ifconfig)?

Post by Steph » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

How do you disable a virtual IP hosting address without bringing
everything down?  I tried typing the following:

/sbin/ifconfig ed0 alias 200.123.123.123 down

And all virtual IP addresses goes dead.

This is FreeBSD 2.1.5 running on a Pentium machine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Stephen Chen

Disable Virtual IP Hosting (ifconfig)?

Post by Jamie Bowde » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

try ifconfig <interface> alias <ip> delete

> How do you disable a virtual IP hosting address without bringing
> everything down?  I tried typing the following:

> /sbin/ifconfig ed0 alias 200.123.123.123 down

> And all virtual IP addresses goes dead.

> This is FreeBSD 2.1.5 running on a Pentium machine.

> Any help is greatly appreciated.

> Stephen Chen

Jamie Bowden

Network Administrator, TBI Ltd.

1. Apache 1.3b2: Default Host and all virtual hosts serve only first virtual hosts pages?

Hello.

Have been running 1.2b8 for a intranet and decided to move upto 1.3b2. I
have several name based virtual hosts that have been working under
1.2b8. After compiling and installing 1.3b2 my virtual hosts do not
work. In fact what happens is that even though DocumentRoot and default
server name is different, eg: www.serverA.net pointing to /www/default,
Apache 1.3b2 will always take me to the first defined virtual host as if
it's locked to it no matter what virtual host I try to browse. What
gives? Please post and E-Mail.

In /etc/hosts for my machines IP address I have

A.B.C.D         www.default.net www.virtA.net www.virtB.net

In ../conf/httpd.conf I have;

<VirtualHost www.virtA.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtA
ServerName www.virtA.net
ErrorLog logs/virtA.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtA.access.log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.virtB.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtB
ServerName www.virtB.net
ErrorLog logs/virtB.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtB.access.log
</VirtualHost>

--

2. Linux Ultra DMA?

3. Virtual hosts/virtual IP

4. Diamond Fire GL 3000?

5. virtual host: ifconfig alias?

6. multicast routing

7. HELP!! ifconfig/virtual host problems on Solaris 2.6

8. dos2ux/ux2dos?

9. Virtual Host and ifconfig question

10. Virtual hosts, ifconfig error, Linux 2.0.7 ?

11. FrontPage virtual hosting, removal or reset of virtual host

12. : How to prevent one named virtual host from "seeing" another virtual hosts files ?

13. Mixing Apache Name Based Virtual Hosts and SSL Virtual Host