1. Four primary partitions (3 FAT32, 1 ext2fs) can't install RH62 without swap partition?
I have a 30gb hd with three primary fat partitions, and I want to install
RH62. I had gotten it working with a boot disk by making the tail-end an
extended partition with a swap and a "/"-mounted partition. I wanted to use
the new LILO and a single primary partition to make it bootable, no swap
The RH62 installer won't give me a 'next' option when I try to set the mount
point of the . The Disk is at 100% allocation, but I'm not asking it to
create any partitions, just mount the fourth 2gb primary as a 2gb "/"
RH62 won't 'let' me mount the "/" partition at that high location. Even
though the later-installed lilo can handle it, I wants a /boot below 1024,
as is the custom.
Is a swap partition required? What happens (swapfile creation, performance)
if I don't mount a swap partition in disk druid?
Do I have to make it 99% full instead of 100%, could that be the problem?
Isn't there a 'damn the torpedoes' override for disk druid? I'm willing to
experiment with this last partitionable space, but I don't want to risk my
critical fat32 partitions by using fdisk (the linux one). Besides, the new
lilo changes a lot of the rules about what a /boot can be.
3. Is it possible to install RedHat 7.0 without swap partition
4. Unix History Question for Unix Professionals
5. Installing Win/Linux shared swap on old swap partition
6. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (1/7) [Frequent posting]
7. How to partition inside install procedure without partition magic
9. Running without swap partition?
10. running SL / RH without swap partition
11. Setting up swap partition without recompiling kernel?
12. Change of partition size for swap without destroying data