printing with winprinters

Post by Craig Van Tassl » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 06:35:32

I was wondering if any one was able to print with a a Lexmark Z31
printer.  Any printer softwear ive tired didnt work.. for some reason
the printer will not work with any kind of softwear.
DOes any one know what i could do for it?

THanks
Craig

printing with winprinters

Post by jp » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 06:48:35

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:35:32 -0600,

Quote:> I was wondering if any one was able to print with a a Lexmark Z31
> printer.  Any printer softwear ive tired didnt work.. for some reason
> the printer will not work with any kind of softwear.
> DOes any one know what i could do for it?

A quick googling around shows that there exist ``linux/gs lexmark 3200''
drivers, that partially support the Z31. You could try and adapt those.

printing with winprinters

Post by Axel Grune » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 14:44:05

Hi.

Quote:> I was wondering if any one was able to print with a a Lexmark Z31
> printer.  Any printer softwear ive tired didnt work.. for some reason
> the printer will not work with any kind of softwear.
> DOes any one know what i could do for it?

Ever tried apsfilter ? Its in the ports.
Take look if your printer will work with that...

Axel

--
"Verzeihen Sie, aber Sie sind schon ein selten d?mlicher Hund !" "Wer ?"
"Sie !" "Ich ?" "Ja !"

1. Printing to an SMB Winprinter

Is it possible to print, over a network, to a Windoze98SE print server without
the proper printer drivers?  The printer in question is a Xerox P8 (No e).
It's not just Linux that needs a driver for this thing -- My W2K machines can't
use it either!  It'd be nice if I could use the same solution for both Linux
and Windoze.  I was thinking, maybe there's a program I could run on the print
server to recieve the raw data and convert it as if it were being printed
directly from the that machine...  Does something like that exist, or is there
an easier solution?  Thanks!

-------------------------
David Bell - Otherwise known as DB7654321

Remember to remove nospam, notrash or anything odd looking from my email
address. :)

2. Audio

3. Locked up hft0

4. Printing to an SMB Winprinter?

5. DOS FORMAT OVER UNIX

6. Printing to an SMB Winprinter

7. Printing from windows to a Linux printer

8. WinPrinter Support

9. Lexmark 2030 WinPrinter

10. HP WinPrinters works with free software!

11. Why can't WinModem/WinPrinter Linux drivers be written?

12. Lexmark 2050 winprinter....across network? maybe?