HELP! No printer connection with PCNFS pro

HELP! No printer connection with PCNFS pro

Post by Teamtechnik Gm » Fri, 08 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

We are using PCNFS pro 2.0 under Win95 connected to a unix server. After
the configuration, I got the drives on my explorer and can send documents
to the printer using the utility LPR Quickprint.  However, when I try to
connect to the printer using windows, it won't work.  The funny thing is,
that when I connect the network printer to LPT3: (for example) I can browse
the server, find the printers and select it.  However, when I try to send a
document to the printer, I get a network error saying that an error occured
at the connection LPT3: and I should check the system configuration and the
printer is switched to offline.

I know that the PCNFS daemon is running on the server, and I can use all
the other utilities, only the printing from Win95 does not work.

Any ideas about how I can get the connection to the printer or what is
wrong?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
--John
--
-----
John Neumoege

1. HELP! no printer connection with PCNFS pro

Hi All,
we are using PCNFS pro 2.0 under Win95 which is connected to a UNIX server.
 I have been able to get my drives and to send documents to the printer
using the LPR Quickprint utility.  These services work.  However, when I
connect the network printer, Win95 or whatever cannot make a connection to
the printer and returns an error message.  Now this is weird, because when
I connect the network printer to LPT3: I can browse the server for
available printers and can find the right one.  I build the connection and
assign the printer to LPT3: (just like I am supposed to), but when I try to
send a document to the printer, it cannot be found and the printer goes
offline.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
-- John
-----
John Neumoege

2. Wanted: a GUI floppy manager

3. PCNFS Pro & WFWG File Man serious security bug

4. Apache and DGUnix

5. OS5 and PCNFS Pro v 1.1

6. Setting up Internet gateway on Linux machine to server PCs

7. PCNFS Pro & WFWG File Man bug - SCO PLEASE RESPOND

8. Anyone seen bash2 act like bash1?

9. PCNFS Pro and new users

10. PCNFS/pro, HP-UX and HP4V Jet direct...

11. lotus notes & PCNFS PRO Was: (no subject)

12. PCNFS Pro on Win NT & Win 95?

13. Help: What is best NOS/platform for Oracle?