how to uninstall gnome 1.1 desktop?

Post by Wim Kaptey » Tue, 06 May 2003 14:21:22

I know found out (by trying pkg_add) that i have to uninstall my gnome1.1
desktop.
What command do i use for this?

i could not find it in the man pkg_add

thanx
Wim

how to uninstall gnome 1.1 desktop?

Post by Wim Kaptey » Tue, 06 May 2003 14:29:08

when using pkg_add -f i get the message to remove my
Gnome 1.x desktop first
when i use pkg_delete gnome or gnome 1.1 or whatever i get the message : no
such package
what then should i delete?
thanks

Quote:> I know found out (by trying pkg_add) that i have to uninstall my gnome1.1

Post by Erik Nygre » Tue, 06 May 2003 17:22:50

> when using pkg_add -f i get the message to remove my
> Gnome 1.x desktop first
> when i use pkg_delete gnome or gnome 1.1 or whatever i get the message : no
> such package
> what then should i delete?

You should use pkg_info to find out what you package is called, and then
either use the correct name, or make pkg_delete glob it by escaping the
wildcards:
pkg_delete "gnome*"

--
Erik Nygren