Getty problems/Serial problem

Post by Judith I Cajas-Dor » Sat, 22 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Help.  I had getty working on ttyd0.  I could login.  All was well.
I did not use it for about 5 weeks.  It just sat there.  During that
time nothing changed, except for adding NFS.  Now it does not work
anymore.

The ethernet is on irq 3
sio is in irq 4

I have a null modem, the same null modem that worked before.

The getty process is up.

I see /usr/libexec/getty std.9600 ttyd0

I can cat cuaa0 and see data coming out when I type.

I would appreciate any idea whatever.  It used to work!!!

Thanks,
 Judy

1. Newbie and problems with getty and serial ports

I am quite new in Linux and have a problem with getty.

I am 'only' trying to connect a dumb terminal with a linux box.

I have test the /etc/gettydefs file and it is correct (well it says the
same that my manual). I have configured the file /etc/rc.d/rc.serial as
the manual says.

if i execute from the console:

        /sbin/getty ttyS1 DT9600 vt100

my terminal works fine, so it is not a cabling problem, but when i
logout i cannot log again until i go to the console and execute the
command again.

Then i said, OK i need to respwn it in the /etc/inittab file and i put a
new line on it as:

        S1:456:respawn:/sbin/getty ttyS1 DT9600 vt100

and execute :

        init q

My terminal does not work.
Then i reboot the machine, it does not work

If i execute again the line from the console it works again perfectly
until i logout

I am lose

Help

Thanks in advanced

joseba real de asua

2. How to only accept mail relayed locally ?

3. Serial Problems with getty, setserial, etc... (please help)

4. Userid Length

5. Serial GETTY problem

6. Configure second hard disk

7. Getty/Serial problems

8. NEWBIE: PPC 7300/200 and linux

9. Getty & serial.c problem

10. Getty serial port terminal problem

11. Slackware serial driver and getty (a problem)

12. Serial getty problem.

13. Getty Problem!.. Corrupt Getty File