crontab won't do '@monthly'?

Post by Joel Hatto » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:25:45

Hi,

This is on FreeBSD 4.1. Is there a problem with my usage, or is this a

joel
--
my opinions in this email are not endorsed by the University of Qld
this message may not be onforwarded without my expressed permission

1. Redhat 7.1 'eepro100' and 'e100' drivers won't see 10BaseT network

I have a Dell 1550 machine which supposedly contains an OEM Intel LAN
interface.  I installed Redhat Linux 7.1 on it.  (Actually the updated
one from www.tummy.com/krud.)  During installation the LAN interfaces
were recognized as needing eepro100 drivers.  Following Dell's
instructions, I replaced the reference to eepro100 in /etc/modules.conf
with e100 and rebooted.  But neither before or after doing the above
will the machine talk in any way with a 10BaseT hub, even though the
boot-time scripts show '[OK]' for eth0 (and eth1).

This machine is currently at a location with no 100BaseT, so I haven't
tested to see if it will do 100BaseT.

Is there any known problem with these machines related to 10BaseT?

Note that 'man eepro100' and 'man e100' turned up nothing, so it appears
that these particular device drivers are undocumented.  Nor did various
searches for e100 and eepro100 at www.redhat.com and www.dell.com turn
up anything relevant to this problem.

Nor could I find any argument to 'ifconfig' that was able to force the
LAN interface into 10BaseT mode.  I had figured that all LAN interfaces
described as 10/100 would autonegotiate, but this one apparently does
not.

Suggestions would be welcome.  Please post or email as you consider
appropriate, but not both. Thank-you.
--
Rahul

2. Re. overlapped computation and communication in Linux

3. 'make' won't work w/o '-f Makefile', which sucks.

4. ATI Rage IIc

5. m80 will 'boot' but won't 'reboot'

6. SMC EtherEZ (Coax ISA)

7. starting off a dos-smtp-''project''

8. Using ethernet bridging in Linux

9. Is e2label 'dangerous' when done on a 'live' file system?

10. X won't start: can't open default font 'fixed'

11. Monthly 'at' queueing?

12. quirk: man won't man "w" won't "w" and no telnet

13. CD won't work, system won't reboot...please help