While installing FREEBSD v3.2 my system crashed. The point in which the
system failed was after having completed the confirmation of the drive
geometry and making the selection of the distribution packages. It this
point I received the following error message: "panic system forced
The package at which the error message occurred was that of the "sbin"
extraction. Please do not construe the coincidence of the specific
"sbin" package being extracted to that of the system crash. I believe
that the extraction on this particular package and the failure of the
system to be coincidental.
The below is the make-up of the system in which I'm attempting to load.
1. PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0 (Phoenix Technologies Ltd.,) - BIOS
2. Maxtor 90432D2 - Hard Drive
3. Micronics Computer Inc. (M7SHI - S03) - Mother Board
4. Pentium 133MHZ - CPU
5. EDO 64Mb RAM - RAM
6. 512 SRAM - CACHE
7. System & Video BIOS = Shadow
8. Stealth Video 2500 VERS 1.03 (Diamond Multimedia System Inc.,)
9. BTC 48X CDROM (supports ISO 9660 - High Sierra) - CDROM
10. The system is a socket-7 system, and the chipset is Intel 430HX PCI
chipset, Intel PII X3 and SMC FDC37C93X Ultra I/O chip.
Please be aware that I have supposedly the latest BIOS upgrade from
Phoenix Technologies for the "MICRONICS M7S-Hi." In addition, where ever
it was possible for me to minimize the use of "shadow" memory I did so.
Can anyone tell me what the problem is and the appreciate fix for this
Thank you for your assistance in advance.