How to create a privilaged user?

Post by Nobod » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 04:23:45

I'm trying to install wine on my laptop and I'm using the recommended
./tools/wineinstall script to do so. The problem is when I run this script I
get:

./configure: cannot create conftest.sh: permission denied

If I try install this as root it says root user not allowed please try again
as a user.

So how do I get around this?

How to create a privilaged user?

Post by Kirk Strause » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 05:45:02

Quote:> So how do I get around this?

    cd /usr/ports/emulators/wine; make install

should handle it nicely.  :)
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/

1. PHP as Apache Module with user privilages

I am looking into the extensive use of PHP on a server.  The server
will be running apache on linux.  This will be a server that supports
client web pages.  I would like to be able to set it up so that the
user php scripts run as the user.  The only way I can see that this
would work is to use it as a CGI script running under suexec.  This
doesn't impress me as being any better than letting everything run as
the default user.  Is there a way to make this work?
-------------------

Senior Consultant          RR # 14 Box 1400
Stevens Services           Bedford, IN  47421
Specializing in network and reliability consulting

2. AUTO UP/DOWN OF DIP for my computers tele line ($)

3. su not allowing privilages of new user

4. TCP error

5. www-data (Jserv) user privilages

6. AUX-httpd-1.3 and ISMAPing

7. Help, how to set user privilages

8. 2.6 upgrade troubles

9. user user mailbox doesn't exist; how do I create?

10. Sendmail help - alias works for install-created users, does not for new users.

11. How to create a pseudo user w/ su as user?

12. apache 1.3.2 directory privilage