Strange kernel error message

Post by Ralph Nun » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 03:11:48

Okay-

Maybe this is also a newbie question, but this has happened a couple of
times to me now, and I wonder if something is up with this.

I get a scrolling message on the console that says something to the effect
of "kernel: microuptime() going backwards -> (large number, different
every time)".  Obviously, this is also ending up in my /var/log/messages
file.  The only way I can stop this message from happening (that I know of
anyway) is to reboot.

If someone has any idea what this is trying to tell me, I'd certainly
appreciate some sort of advice.

Thanks,

-Ralph Nunn

No wrong notes, just wrong resolutions! -Charlie Parker

1. INN causing strange kernel error messages

I just installed INN from the Slackware 2.1 and I'm getting
the following messages in /var/adm/messages (several times/day)

kernel: inn tried to do a shared writeable mapping
kernel: expire tried to do a shared writeable mapping
kernel: in.nnrpd tried to do a shared writeable mapping

I'm running kernel 1.1.88

INN seems to be working OK but these messages concern me.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Randall

--

Le Groupe Proteus        Uucp: uunet!proteus!randall
Montreal, Quebec CANADA   Voice: +1 514 630 7103,  FAX: +1 514 331 0053

2. Mandrake user question: Don't know how to enable XFree86 4.0

3. Strange error messages after recompiling kernel

4. X Networking, serial lines, Multi-threading

5. Strange error message, very strange ...

6. Improve READDIR/READDIRPLUS sanity checking..

7. strange error messages in message log

8. BUG in KDE 1.1

9. Strange error messages in error.log

10. Strange error messages in Apache error log

11. Strange kernel log message: kernel: set_rtc_mmss: can't update from 55 to 6

12. kernel error message "martial message"

13. Kernel log message: mlx0: I/O error - irrecoverable data error